Banana Sour Cream Waffles
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg white with a whisk until light peaks form. Add egg yolk, sour cream, milk, butter, and banana to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in the whipped egg white. Pour batter into waffle baker.
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Homemade waffle batter may take longer to cook than packaged pancake and waffle mix. The packaged mix waffles are done in about 5 minutes. Made from scratch recipes take a few minutes more.
- The Belgian waffle grid holds more batter than a traditional grid. These recipes give a range of batter to use, for example, 2/3 to 3/4 cup. The larger amount should be used for a Belgian waffle grid.
- Waffles can be frozen and then reheated. Make a large batch ahead of time and let cool on a cooling rack. Freeze in airtight storage bags then heat in an oven or microwave.
For more recipe information and photos for this recipe, visit our blog!
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.