Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices (each 1-inch thick) Italian bread
- 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- Caramel syrup, warmed
- Whipped cream
- Additional banana slices
- Preheat griddle to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon until smooth; set aside.
- In a large bowl with a wire whisk, blend milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar, remaining cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- Cut a slit in each slice of bread to form a pocket. Spread inside of pocket with cream cheese mixture. Add sliced bananas.
- Place stuffed bread slices in the milk mixture. Let soak 1 minute on each side. If necessary, soak in batches to fit in bowl.
- Carefully transfer to griddle.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until browned and egg mixture is set.
- Serve with warmed caramel syrup and extra banana slices if desired. Or, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.