Banh Mi with Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise
- 3 1/4 to 3 1/2 pound sirloin tip roast, trimmed
- 6 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 French bread rolls (8 inches each)
- 1 cup shredded matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- Place roast in slow cooker crock.
- Stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove roast from crock and thinly slice. Return beef to crock and toss with sauce mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir mayonnaise, lime juice and cilantro in a small bowl until well blended.
- Split bread lengthwise and spread with mayonnaise mixture. Top with beef, carrots and radishes.
Test Kitchen Tip: Use less crushed red pepper if you do not want it as spicy. Sliced cucumbers or cabbage can be used in addition to the matchstick carrots.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.