From The Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen
Added by Pat
1. Preheat roaster oven to 250°F.
2. If necessary, cut brisket to fit in so that the meat does not touch the sides of the insert pan.
3. Mix all the spices. Coat all of the brisket with the spice mixture.
4. Wrap the brisket in heavy duty aluminum foil. Crimp the edges of the foil to seal. Place in the insert pan.
5. Cover and roast for 4 hours, or until internal temperature is at least 160°F. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Remove from the roaster. Thinly slice the brisket and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce or the juice from roasting.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.