Recommended Hamilton Beach Product: Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Chocolate Frosting
- 32 mini candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 tube orange decorating frosting
- 1 tube purple decorating frosting
- 2 large chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Use a small round decorating tip to make facial features and whiskers.
- Add small candies for eyes. Break chocolate bars into small pieces for ears.
Nutritional Information: (Serving size: 1/16 of a recipe [2.1 ounces].)
Calories 164.42 • Calories From Fat (25%) 40.61 • Total Fat 4.62g 7% • Saturated Fat 2.64g 13% • Cholesterol 32.41mg 11% • Sodium 140.83mg 6% • Potassium 103.07mg 3% • Total Carbohydrates 30g 10% • Fiber 1.62g 6% • Sugar 19.64g • Protein 3.16g 6%
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.