- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup cold butter, sliced into tablespoons
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Coarse sugar
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixer bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until blended.
- Add butter pieces. Beat on MEDIUM speed until mixture is crumbly with some larger pieces of butter.
- In a large mixer bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH speed, beat eggs, sour cream, almond extract and vanilla extract until blended.
- Stir into flour mixture until mixture is blended and no longer dry. Lightly knead in cherries and almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Form each into circles about 3/4-inch thick on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each circle with milk and sprinkle tops with coarse sugar. Using a floured metal spatula, cut each circle into 6 wedges. Separate the wedges, leaving 1/2-inch between each wedge.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.