1. Coat the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the milk, melted butter and vanilla, stirring until well blended and the batter is smooth. Spread evenly in the crock.
3. Make the topping by combining those ingredients in another bowl and whisking until smooth. Carefully pour over the batter in the crock. Do not stir.
4. Cover and cook on high until top layer is set, about 2 hours.
5. When finished, turn off the slow cooker and let stand covered for at least 30 minutes before serving.
This recipe looks odd when placed in the crock because so much liquid is on top. During the cooking process, the liquid will be absorbed to the bottom, creating a layer of pudding.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Excellent with vanilla ice cream!
This recipe developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.