Presidents Day Sale - Save 20% on Everything
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 can(12-ounce)whole kernel corn, drained
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Add corn; stir to mix.
- Remove basket from fryer and heat oil to 375°F.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon to carefully drop batter into preheated oil. Cook 8 to 10 at a time. Turn for even browning on both sides.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners sugar, if desired. Serve warm.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.