Cranberry Herb Wild Rice Pilaf
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups (8 oz.) wild rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 package (32 oz.) chicken stock (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- In a medium skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to rice cooker cooking pot. Add wild rice, brown rice, chicken stock, water, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Select rice cooker WHOLE GRAIN setting. Press START.
- When rice is done, stir in cranberries, walnuts, parsley, rosemary and thyme.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.