Fried Okra with Smoky Dipping Sauce
- Smokey Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pounds okra, tops cut off, halved lengthwise
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy brown mustard, honey and smoked paprika. Stir until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 350°F.
- Place okra and eggs in large bowl, toss until okra is well coated.
- In large resealable plastic bag, add panko bread crumbs, flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake.
- Add half of the okra to bag. Seal bag and shake until okra is well coated.
- Place a single layer of okra in deep fryer basket and fry for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining okra.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.