- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with baking cups.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set mixture aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk until combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Tint 1/2 cup of Vanilla (White) Buttercream Frosting pink. Tint remaining frosting yellow.
- Frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Use a small round decorating tip to make nose and ears. Add inner ears and bottom of nose with pink frosting.
- Use a small round decorating tip and Chocolate Frosting to create the facial features.
- Use a leaf decorating tip to create the furry mane.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.