Recommended Ice Cream Maker Size: 1.5 Quart
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In medium saucepan, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, honey and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and reaches at least 160ºF (71ºC).
- Cool quickly by placing pan in ice or cold water and stirring for few minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, mix whipping cream and vanilla into the chilled custard mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Mixture will be thick; using a mixing bowl with a pour spout would be ideal when using this recipe.
- Churn 20 to 40 minutes or until desired consistency.
Test Kitchen Tip: To Use this Recipe with 4 Qt. Ice Cream Maker, triple all ingredient measurements. Pour into canister. Follow instructions for 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.