- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cookie icing
- Colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, molasses, egg, and vanilla. Beat on MEDIUM speed until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Mix on LOW speed until blended.
- Drop large spoons of cookie dough on lined baking pan. Use a sheet of parchment paper to press cookie dough evenly into pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Cut into sticks or break into pieces.
- Drizzle with colored cookie icing and sprinkle with sugar crystals, if desired.
Serves: 3 dozen
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.