Gluten-Free Whole-Grain Bread for 1.5-lb. Loaf Breadmaker
- 1 1/2 cups hot water (150°F)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nondairy creamer
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
This gluten-free recipe is over 50% whole grain using brown rice flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together the hot water, eggs, vinegar and oil. Place the liquid ingredients in the bread pan.
- In a separate bowl, stir together rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, garbanzo bean flour, sea salt, xanthan gum, nondairy creamer and sugar.
- Pour the dry ingredients on top of the liquid.
- Make a small well on the top middle of the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
- Choose Cycle 3 Gluten-Free, 1.5 pound loaf for size of bread and medium for crust color. Press Start. When done, remove bread from breadmaker and carefully remove kneading paddle from bottom of loaf.
- Let cool 10 minutes before slicing with a bread knife.
Recipe Courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, copyright 2010.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.