- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add soy sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, molasses, vegetable oil, garlic and crushed red pepper. Seal and shake bag to blend mixture.
- Add chicken pieces to resealable bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Refrigerate overnight.
- Heat grill to ORANGE zone.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade. In a 2-quart saucepan, cook over medium heat, about 30 minutes or until reduced to 3/4 cup. Set aside to serve with chicken.
- Grill pieces, turning occasionally for 18 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked to 165°F.
- Serve chicken with sauce.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.