Grilled Fall Vegetables with Spicy Turkey Sausage
Course: Main Course
Products: Food Processors
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, sliced
- 4-6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch fennel, core removed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 12-16 oz. pkg. Spicy turkey sausage, sliced
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb. whole wheat pasta, cooked
- Preheat indoor grill.
- Whisk olive oil, salt and pepper together in large bowl. Add sliced onion, carrots, mushroom, and fennel to bowl and toss with olive oil mixture to coat.
- Grill vegetables for approximately 5 minutes until softened and have grill marks. Set aside and keep warm.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and cook sliced sausage until browned. Add diced tomatoes and stir until mixture is heated through.
- Serve by spooning sausage mixture over pasta, topped with grilled vegetables and Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 7 oz.) Calories: 300 • Total Fat 8 g • Saturated 2 g • Cholesterol 35 g • Sodium 720 mg • Carbohydrates 40 g • Dietary Fiber 5 g • Sugars 4 g • Protein 17 g