Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Caesar Dressing
- 3 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, place anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper in blender.
- Blend until mixture is creamy.
- Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and oil to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice head of romaine lettuce in half lengthwise through root end. (Root end will help hold romaine together.) Use wooden skewers to hold lettuce leaves together, if necessary.
- Spray romaine with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil. Place romaine halves on grill.
- Grill 2 to 4 minutes each side until romaine is charred and slightly wilted.
- Drizzle dressing over grilled romaine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Test Kitchen Tip: For thinner dressing add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.