Grilled Shrimp With Herbed Feta Cheese and Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Limes wedges
- Preheat grill.
- Cook brown basmati rice, chicken broth and salt in rice cooker or following package directions. Keep warm.
- Combine crumbled feta cheese with chopped oregano.
- Stir tomatoes and half of feta mixture into hot rice.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until pink. Do not overcook.
- To serve, top rice mixture with grilled shrimp and remaining feta and oregano mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.