Presidents Day Sale - Save 20% on Everything
Homemade Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Half-Pint™ Ice Cream Maker
- 1 cup (250 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided, 1/2 cup coarsely chopped
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) half 'n half or evaporated milk (chilled)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly just until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- When ready to freeze, mix half 'n half or chilled evaporated milk and vanilla extract into the chilled mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- After 15 minutes, add remaining 1/2 cup (125 ml) of chocolate chips, coarsely chopped.
- Continue to freeze until desired consistency or the unit stops.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.