Italian Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 6 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small Roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Sliced fresh basil
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop out center of zucchini halves. Reserve 1 1/2 cups. Place zucchini boats in baking pan.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, stirring to crumble, about 6 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage to a medium bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet, cook until onion is translucent. Stir in reserved zucchini, sausage, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper.
- Spoon mixture into the zucchini boats.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with sliced fresh basil before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.