Course: Main Course, Appetizers
Products: Indoor Grills, Outdoor Gas Grills, Bread Makers
- 1 recipe Pizza Crust for Breadmaker
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 24 large fresh basil leaves
- 16 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Sea salt
- Prepare Pizza Crust dough. Divide into 4 pieces.
- Preheat indoor grill to SEAR/450°F.
- Combine olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. Set aside.
- Dust cutting board with cornmeal. Roll each piece of dough into 8-inch circles.
- Place one circle of dough on grill at a time. Grill 4 minutes. Use a pizza peel to remove from grill and invert dough onto cutting board.
- Lightly brush olive oil mixture on grilled side of crust. Sprinkle with a 1/2 Tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Arrange 5 to 6 tomato slices on crust. Top with 4 to 6 basil leaves and 4 slices mozzarella cheese.
- Slide pizza back on grill. Grill 7 to 8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill and sprinkle with sea salt to taste and additional chopped basil.
- Repeat with remaining pizza dough and toppings.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using an outdoor grill, grilling times may be much quicker. Check first side of dough at 2 minutes. Dough should be starting to bubble with grill marks on bottom.