- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 zucchini squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place onion, mushrooms and zucchini in bottom of slow cooker. Place chicken on top of vegetables. Spread chickpeas over chicken.
- Combine tomatoes, olives, sun dried tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice and oregano in small bowl. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle capers over top of mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 6-8 hours until internal temperature of chicken reaches at least 165°F.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 8 oz.)
• Calories: 280 • Total Fat: 13g • Saturated: 2.5g • Cholesterol: 95mg • Sodium: 870mg
• Carbohydrates: 16g • Dietary Fiber: 3g • Sugars: 2g • Protein: 25g
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.