Monkee Face Banana Cupcakes
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Stand Mixer, Hand Mixer
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (16 oz.) dark chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 container (16 oz.) milk chocolate frosting ready-to-spread frosting
- 28 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat until pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat until blended
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat until blended.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill baking cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Reserve 1/2 cup dark chocolate frosting for eyes, nose and mouth. Frost cupcakes with remaining chocolate frosting.
- Add swirls of milk chocolate frosting for face.
- Pipe dark chocolate frosting dots for eyes, nose and mouth.
- Insert mini chocolate sandwich cookies for ears.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.