Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream for 1.5 Qt Ice Cream Maker
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) whole milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (.625 ml) salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until mixture is steaming. Reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat eggs.
- Slowly whisk half of the hot mixture into the eggs and pour back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thick, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, stir in heavy cream and vanilla into the chilled custard mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Churn for 20-40 minutes or until desired consistency.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.