Serves: 6 Note:
- In small bowl dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In small pan, saute onion in oil until tender.
- In large mixing bowl combine onion, milk, parsley, sugar, salt, dillweed, sage, and yeast mixture. Stir to mix.
- Add cornmeal and 2 cups of the flour. Mix on Speed 5 or 6. Add enough of the remaining flour until dough forms a smooth ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise until double in size.
- Punch down dough. Shape into loaf and place in a 9 x 5 inch greased loaf pan. Cover and let rise about 40 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes.
Use mixer equipped with dough hooks. Success Tip:
Bread dough rises best at a temperature between 75°F and 85°F. If the kitchen is cold, place the bowl of covered dough on a rack in the oven. Place a bowl of hot water on a rack below. Do not turn on the oven during rising. Substitution:
If fresh dill weed is on hand, 1 tablespoon of chopped, fresh dill weed can be used instead of 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill weed.