- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in large sauté pan on medium high heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Work in batches, using remaining olive oil as necessary. Set aside.
- Place sliced onion and garlic in slow cooker.
- In bowl, whisk together orange juice concentrate, brown sugar and soy sauce.
- Place 6 pork chops on top of onions and garlic in slow cooker. Pour half of orange juice mixture over the pork chops. Layer with remaining pork chops and pour remaining sauce over.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours or LOW for 5-6 hours or until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F for medium doneness.
- Remove pork chops from slow cooker.
- Strain sauce into medium saucepan. Return pork chops to slow cooker and set to WARM.
- In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Over medium high heat, bring sauce to a boil and whisk in cornstarch mixture. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over pork chops in slow cooker and serve.
: Serve Orange & Brown Sugar Pork Chops over cooked white rice.Nutritional Information:
(Based on Individual Serving: 8 oz.)
• Calories: 320 • Total Fat: 7g • Saturated: 2g • Cholesterol: 85mg • Sodium: 620mg • Carbohydrates: 27g • Dietary Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 22g • Protein: 36g
for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.