Peanut Butter & Chocolate Rice Treats
- 1 package (12 ounce) mini-chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 package (10 ounce) marshmallows
- 1/2 light corn syrup, divided
- 1 box (9 ounce) rice cereal
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 17x12-inch baking pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 cup mini-chocolate chips onto baking pan.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt peanut butter, marshmallows and 1/4 cup corn syrup.
- Add cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Cool.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, heat heavy cream, butter, remaining corn syrup and vanilla until butter is melted and mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat, then add remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on low speed until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, about 3 minutes. Cool until slightly thick. Drizzle over cereal. Cut into squares.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.