Presidents Day Sale - Save 20% on Everything
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Using shredding blade, with food processor running, add potatoes to food chute. Process until shredded. Use paper towels to squeeze shredded potatoes until very dry.
- Stir shredded potatoes, onion, egg, matzo meal and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, carefully add latkes to preheated oil. Cook about 3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.