Cheesy Zucchini Squash Casserole
Course: Side Dishes
Products: Toaster Ovens, Food Processors
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 pound yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 2 minutes. Stir in zucchini and yellow squash, cooking an additional 4 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Beat egg and sour cream in large bowl until well blended. Stir in squash mixture, cheeses, thyme, salt and pepper. Pour into 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Stir crumbs and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle over squash mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and mixture is heated through.
TEST KITCHEN TIPS:
- If using a countertop oven, use middle rack for baking.
- To speed food prep, use a food processor to chop, mince, slice and shred.