- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground allspice
- 1 cup sugar
- With a mixer on medium speed, beat pumpkin, brown sugar, buttermilk, oil and egg until blended.
- Gradually stir in flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg and allspice until well blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer with basket to 375ºF.
- Roll dough to 3/8-inch thickness on floured surface. Using a floured donut cutter, cut donuts. Gather pieces, roll and cut again. Repeat cutting and rolling with remaining dough.
- Carefully, lower donuts into deep fryer. Cook 1 minute and turn over. (Donuts will raise to the surface before 1 minute.)
- Cook an additional minute. Remove to a wire rack lined with paper towels. Cool 5 minutes.
- Shake sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon in a resealable plastic bag to combine. Add donuts, two at a time to bag. Seal bag and shake until donuts are coated with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.