- 3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup warm water (105° to 115°F)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Coarse sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, egg, milk, water, sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour into bread pan of breadmaker.
- Add flour to pan. Sprinkle yeast over flour.
- Process in breadmaker on DOUGH cycle.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove dough from breadmaker and place on lined baking sheet.
- Using thumbs to make a hole in center of dough, stretch dough to make a 9-inch diameter ring with a center hole of about 5-inches.
- Let dough rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Hold kitchen shears at a 45-degree angle, cut from the top of ring to make 8 even cuts around the ring. Pull the sections away from the center to create the leaf shape.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white and water until foamy.
- Brush dough wreath with egg white mixture (may not use it all.) Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and sea salt.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Cool on parchment on wire rack.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.