Red, White and Blue Trifle
- 1 (10.75 ounce)package pound cake
- 1/2 cup almond flavored liqueurâ€‹
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package strawberries
- 1 (16 ounce) package blueberries
- Cut pound cake
horizontally into three layers; brush both sides of each layer with liqueur.
- Divide and spread jam on top of bottom and middle pound cake layers. Stack layers and cut into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Line the bottom and side of trifle bowl with pound cake slices. Top with half of the strawberries and blueberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread half of the whipped cream over fruit in bowl.
- Set aside strawberries and blueberries for garnish. Top with remaining fruit and whipped cram. Garnish with remaining fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.