Rice Cooker Cajun Shrimp and Grits
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned grits (3 rice measuring cups)
- 1 package (32 oz.) chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 pound cajun-style andouille sausage, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined shrimp (21-25 count per pound)
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (8 oz.) shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- In cooking pot of rice cooker, combine grits, chicken stock, water, sausage, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix shrimp with cajun seasoning until shrimp are well coated with seasoning. Arrange seasoned shrimp in steamer basket. Place in rice cooker and close lid.
- Select HOT CEREAL or HEAT/SIMMER and set timer for 90 minutes.
- When cycle ends, remove steamer basket and cooked shrimp. Stir butter, cheese and green onions into grits. Let stand until butter and cheese are melted. Stir again.
- Serve grits with shrimp.
Test Kitchen Tip: Stone ground grits take a little longer to cook. Set timer for 2 hours.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.