Roasted Fig and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- 1 pound fresh figs, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 cups arugula
- 12 (about 6 oz.) very thin slices prosciutto, rolled up
- 4 slices blue cheese
- 4 slices cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In medium saucepan, whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, rosemary, lemon zest salt and pepper.
- Add figs and stir to coat.
- Line a shallow baking dish with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Use a slotted spoon to transfer figs to baking dish; reserve marinade.
- Roast figs for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to soften; cool.
- Cook reserved marinade in saucepan over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until vinegar has reduced by half. Mixture should be syrupy.
- Arrange arugula, roasted figs, prosciutto, blue cheese, cantaloupe and walnuts on salad plates. Drizzle with balsamic reduction.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.