Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Products: Food Processors
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 green onions, white portion and half of green tops
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1 jar (14 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame paste) stirred
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash paprika
- Pita chips or cut vegetables
- Using S-blade and with processor running, drop garlic cloves and onion into food chute. Add garbanzo beans, roasted red peppers, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Continue to process until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish iwth paprika.
- Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables.
- Refrigerate to store.
Serves: 4 to 6