Sausage and Bacon Stuffins
- 1 package (8 oz.) corn muffin mix, baked, crumbled
- 1 package (16 oz.) Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (19 oz.) sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 ribs celery with leaves, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease muffin tin;set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine stuffing mix and cornbread; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Add bacon and drippings to stuffing.
- Place sausage in skillet. Cook until browned. Add sausage and drippings to stuffing.
- In another skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion and celery until just starting to become translucent. Add mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add onion, celery, mushrooms, butter, sage, salt and pepper to stuffing. Stir to combine.
- Stir in enough chicken broth to make stuffing moist.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture in each muffin cup.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins are browned and crisp.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.