Shortbread Toffee Cookies
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) English toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and sugars in a mixing bowl. Using wire beaters, cream butter and sugars.
- Add oil, eggs and extract; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture beating until well mixed.
- Reserve 1/4 cup toffie bits for decorating. Add remaining toffee bits to batter and beat until just mixed.
- Roll dough into balls using 1 tablespoon of dough for each. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten each ball with the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle with reserved toffee bits.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate, if desired.
Serves: 6 dozen
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.