Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 pounds skin-on, bone-in chicken legs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise into eighths
- 1 large red onion, quartered
- In a medium bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, honey, 1/4 cup chives, lemon juice and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, add flour, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake.
- Add half of the chicken pieces to the bag. Seal bag and shake until chicken are well coated. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add a few chicken pieces to the skillet, cooking about 6 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Add chicken to crock.
- Place sweet potatoes and red onion over chicken. Pour balsamic vinegar mixture over chicken and vegetables in crock.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 3 1/2 hours or LOW for 6 to 7 hours or until chicken is cooked through. Remove lid and let cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped chives before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.