Slow Cooker Basic Shredded Chicken
Course: Main Course, Sandwiches
Products: Slow Cookers
Shredded chicken is an economical building block for many family favorite recipes like creamy casseroles, spicy enchiladas, and comforting soups. Freeze a batch to make your weeknight cooking even easier. Read more about slow cooker chicken recipes on our Everyday Good Thinking blog.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon roasted garlic and herb seasoning blend
- Place sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker crock.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 2 to 3 hours or LOW 4 to 5 hours.
- To shred chicken with a stand mixer, place half of cooked, hot chicken in bowl of mixer. Start on low and beat until chicken is broken up. Increase speed and mix on HIGH until chicken is evenly shredded. Repeat with second half of chicken.
Makes: 8 cups shredded chicken
Test Kitchen Tip: Use the shredded chicken for salads, enchiladas, casseroles or sandwiches. Can be frozen for future use.