Slow Cooker Beef Roast with Vegetables
- 3 to 4-pound bottom round beef roast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 16 baby red potatoes
- 4 large carrots, peeled, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Season beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Brown roast well on both sides.
- Surround roast with potatoes and carrots. Pour beef broth over all and top with thyme sprigs.
- Cover and place cookware on slow cooker base. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove roast to serving platter. Discard thyme sprigs. Using slotted spoon, remove vegetables to serving platter with roast. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Test Kitchen Tip: If using a slow cooker with crock, brown meat and cook onions and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Transfer ingredients to slow cooker crock and cook as directed.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.