Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 1 package (8 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups water
- 2 cans (10 3/4-oz. each) fat free condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 package (4.3-oz) long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hearty whole wheat bread
- Place mushrooms, onion and celery in slow cooker crock; top with chicken breasts. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Stir water, soups and seasoning packet from rice in large bowl until well blended; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or LOW 7 to 8 hours until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and shred with fork. Return to crock and stir in rice. Cover and cook 40 more minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley before serving and serve with bread.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.