Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
- 1 roasted chicken carcass
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 sprig each fresh thyme, rosemary, basil and parsley
- 8 cups water
- Place chicken carcass in slow cooker crock.
- Arrange carrots, celery, garlic and onion around chicken. Add bay leaf and sprinkle with peppercorns.
- Tie herbs together to make a bouquet garni. Place on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Pour water over ingredients in crock.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 7 hours on LOW.
- Strain mixture into a large measuring cup or bowl with a spout.
- Serve immediately or freeze in serving-size portions.
Makes: 6 cups
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.