Slow Cooker Chipotle Turkey Barbecue
- 4 pounds bone-in turkey; drumsticks or thighs*
- 1 can (7 oz.) chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- Barbecue sauce (optional)
*Some turkey drumsticks are too long to fit in the 4-qt. slow cooker, so use small legs.
- Place turkey in crock of a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Combine peppers in adobo sauce and vinegar in food processor or chopper. Pulse to coarsely chop.
- Spread mixture over turkey in crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until meat falls off bone.
- Remove turkey from crock; reserve sauce. Let cool enough to handle meat.
- Shred meat, discarding skin and bones. Mix with enough sauce to moisten (mixture will be very spicy).
- Serve turkey in slider buns topped with coleslaw and pickles. Add barbecue sauce if desired.
Serves: 6 to 8
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.