Slow Cooker Chunky Loaded Potato and Ham Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ham, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 package (0.75 oz.) fresh chives, chopped, divided
- In a large skillet over medium-high, melt butter. Add onions and garlic stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add ham to skillet, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Add mixture to crock. Stir in potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or LOW 9 to 10 hours or until potatoes are soft when pierced with a fork.
- Stir in cheese and half of the chives until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining chives before serving.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.