Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Cooked spaghetti
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped white onion
- In a large skillet over medium-high, heat the oil.
- Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in ground beef, cooking until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add meat mixture to slow cooker crock with crushed tomatoes, broth, cider vinegar, chili powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, Worcestershire sauce, ground cumin, cayenne pepper, ground cinnamon, salt, black pepper, bay leaf and ground cloves.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti with chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.