Slow Cooker Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 piece (1-inch) ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced bok choy
- 1/2 cup sliced basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cooked rice
- In a slow cooker crock, stir coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, sugar, salt and dried crushed red pepper.
- Add chicken, garlic, carrots, onion and ginger to coconut milk mixture. Stir until chicken and vegetables are coated.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
- Add red pepper and bok choy to crock. Cover and cook on HIGH an additional 30 minutes or LOW for 1 hour.
- Stir in basil, cilantro and lime juice before serving.
- Shred chicken before serving. Serve over cooked rice.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.