Slow Cooker Cuban-Style Shredded Pork Panini
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Cuban bread or sub rolls
- Yellow mustard
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced baked ham
- Dill pickles slices
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine juices, olive oil, lime zest, garlic and seasonings. Add pork to bag and turn to coat evenly with marinade. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove pork from bag and place in a slow cooker crock.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours. Remove pork to cutting board. Reserve juices in crock.
- Shred pork with a fork. Add back to crock and stir to combine with juices.
- Heat panini press.
- Spread rolls with mustard. Layer cheese, ham, shredded pork and pickles in rolls.
- Place in panini press and grill until toasted.
Test Kitchen Tip: If your pork roast is packaged with a salt solution, reduce the amount of salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.