Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 3 cups beef broth or stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (1.4 oz.) onion soup mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 pounds beef brisket
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 crusty rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- In a slow cooker crock, combine broth or stock, Worcestershire sauce, onion soup mix, bay leaf and black pepper.
- Add brisket, onion and garlic to broth mixture.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 hours or LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker. Let stand on a cutting board 10 minutes before thinly slicing. Discard bay leaf from broth and set slow cooker to WARM.
- Serve sliced beef in rolls with onions and a side of broth (au jus).
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.