Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 lbs. lamb, shoulder chops or cuts from the leg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Pita bread
- Chopped onion
- Sliced tomatoes
- Stir yogurt, cucumber, mint, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Layer lamb and lemon juice mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or LOW 6 to 7 hours until lamb is tender. Remove lamb; discard fat and bone. Thinly slice lamb.
- Serve on warmed pita bread topped with onion, tomatoes and cucumber yogurt sauce.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Try using jarred garlic (available in your supermarket) if you’d rather not chop fresh garlic. If you don’t like lamb, substitute pork or beef instead.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.