Slow Cooker Gridiron Chili
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large green pepper, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 packages (about 2 ounces each) chili seasoning
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos, sour cream, if desired
- Crumble sausage and ground beef into a large skillet. Over medium-high heat, brown sausage and ground beef. Drain fat.
- Add garlic, green pepper, onion and jalapeno to meat mixture and cook until onion is softened. Transfer meat and onion mixture to slow cooker crock.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, sliced jalapenos and sour cream, if desired.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.